B.Ed. LITERACY STUDIES
Duration: Part Time: Five semesters and two summers
Full Time: Four semesters only.
Instructional Delivery: Face-to-face and distance modalities.
Location: Most courses will be offered at The Moneague College.
- Applicants should have a three-year Teachers’ Diploma in Literacy Studies, Primary Education or equivalent.
- Other candidates many be considered subject to professional assessment.
Candidates who do not have:
- Grade I in CXC/GSEC English A or
- Grade A in GCE I’Level English Language or
- Grade I or II in CAPE Communication Studies
Will be required to sit and pass the UWI English Language proficiency Test (ELPT) before admission.
To register for the ELPT visit the Universtiy of the West Indies website at www.mona.uwi.edu/dllp/language/index.htm or call 927-1641/970-2950 for more information.
How to apply:
– Visit www.uwimona.edu.jm and follow the instructions.
NB: FT Programme offered based on number of suitable applicants.