- Early Childhood Educator (Basic, Preparatory or Lower Primary School)
- Education Officer
- Ministry of Education Personnel
- School Principal
- Five CXC/GCE subjects inclusive of English A, Mathematics, 1 Science subject, 1 Social Science and one (1) other at proficiency Level 1-3/A-C.
- NCTVET level III qualifications in Early Childhood as one of the 5 subjects required for matriculation
- Other requirements as stipulated by the Teachers Colleges of Jamaica (TCJ)
The degree is comprised of a minimum of 135 credits. The number and distribution of credits are determined by the particular programmes.
|Component||Approximate number of credits|
General Education courses and professional courses are done by all teacher education groups some of these are:Communication I & II, The Emerging Professional, and Classroom Management, and Strategies of Teaching and Learning.
Specialization includes courses of the major/specialization being done.
For Early Childhood candidates these include courses such as Child Growth and Development, Strategies in Early Childhood Pedagogy 1 and others.
Electives are courses chosen by the candidates from a group approved courses.