The IT Essentials curriculum provides an introduction to the computer hardware and software skills needed to help meet the growing demand for entry-level information and communication technology (ICT) professionals. The curriculum covers the fundamentals of computer hardware and software as well as advanced concepts such as security, networking, and the responsibilities of an ICT professional.
Students who complete this course will be able to:
- Describe the internal components of a computer
- Assemble a computer system, install an operating system
- Troubleshoot using system tools and diagnostic software
Hands-on labs and interactive learning tools help students develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills. Cisco Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking and network security concepts, while allowing students to experiment with network behavior.
IT Essentials offers a hands-on, career-oriented learning experience to help students develop fundamental computer and career skills. The curriculum helps students prepare for entry-level ICT career opportunities and the CompTIA A+ certification, which helps students differentiate themselves in the marketplace and advance their careers. In addition, the course provides a learning pathway to the Cisco CCNA curriculum.
Who Should Enrol
- Students seeking career-oriented, entry-level computer hardware, software, and networking skills
- Students who want to gain fundamental computer hardware, software, and troubleshooting skills
- Students who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ certification exams
- IT technician
- IT administrator
- Field service technician
- Help desk technician
- Network support technician
- Network administrator
- Network installer
- Network engineer
- Network technician